Your car is one of your most valuable investments, and you want to do everything you can to protect it. While regular washing, waxing, and other such general maintenance are all excellent ways to keep your vehicle looking its best, those things don’t offer any protection from road debris that kicks up when you’re driving and can easily scratch or chip the paint. At Harbor Wraps, we offer paint protection wraps that will help prevent exterior damage that lowers the value of your car and detracts from its appearance. Below is an overview of the paint protection film installation process and a few of its major benefits.
- Surface Preparation – Before applying the film, we’ll prepare the surface of the vehicle, washing it thoroughly to remove any dirt, grime, or other road debris.
- Film Application – Once the vehicle is prepped, it’s time for the film to be applied. It comes in large rolls that, depending on the panel shape and size, we can either precisely cut to fit or apply as a sheet and then trim once the surface is covered. This is an extremely complex process, but our professionals have the necessary skills to prevent peeling, wrinkling, and other unsightly defects.
- Bonding – The bonding process begins after about 30 minutes and should be complete within 48-72 hours.
- Post-Application Care – Once the paint protection film has fully bonded, you can resume normal maintenance activities like washing and waxing. You can even apply other protective coatings, like a ceramic coating, if you would like to.
- Major Benefits – Paint protection film will help prevent scratched and chipped paint, but it also provides protection from UV rays that may cause fading, as well as damage from bird droppings, bugs, tree sap, and other environmental pollution.
If you’re interested in getting a quote for paint protection film for your vehicle, reach out to our team today!